ukclique > comp.* > comp.sys.sun

Dan Usmar (14.12.2010, 18:34)
Hi all,

Just sticking my head in here to try and get a steer on the best place
to get an older (read "geriatric") version of Solaris - ideally 8 -
for an equally geriatric Ultra 5? I could use *BSD/Linux/other, but
I'm being sentimental - the machines at uni had Solaris 8, and so
shall this.

Regards,

Dan Usmar
Ant (15.12.2010, 17:16)
"Dan Usmar" wrote:

> Just sticking my head in here to try and get a steer on the best place
> to get an older (read "geriatric") version of Solaris - ideally 8 -
> for an equally geriatric Ultra 5?


I have a spare unopened shrink-wrapped box but it's marked as being
for the Sparc platform. I don't know if that would be suitable for an
Ultra.
Huge (16.12.2010, 11:10)
On 2010-12-15, Ant <not> wrote:
> "Dan Usmar" wrote:
>> Just sticking my head in here to try and get a steer on the best place
>> to get an older (read "geriatric") version of Solaris - ideally 8 -
>> for an equally geriatric Ultra 5?


Figures. I threw all my old Sun software away a couple of weeks ago, figuring
that no-one would want it. Sorry.

> I have a spare unopened shrink-wrapped box but it's marked as being
> for the Sparc platform. I don't know if that would be suitable for an
> Ultra.


It should be.
Dave Saville (16.12.2010, 18:45)
On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 16:34:05 UTC, Dan Usmar <usmarox> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Just sticking my head in here to try and get a steer on the best place
> to get an older (read "geriatric") version of Solaris - ideally 8 -
> for an equally geriatric Ultra 5? I could use *BSD/Linux/other, but
> I'm being sentimental - the machines at uni had Solaris 8, and so
> shall this.


Where are you Dan? PM me: dave at deezee dot org
Similar Threads