ukclique > music.* > music.charts

Chris Brown (04.03.2019, 20:58)
Missing Data: Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify and YouTube (all for
Sunday)

Top 100 Singles

1 Calvin Harris & Rag'n'Bone Man - Giant (22.0k)
2 Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (21.5k)
3 Mabel - Don't Call Me Up (14.9k)
4 Ariana Grande - break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored (14.4k)
5 Ariana Grande - 7 rings (14.1k)

6-10
7 Jonas Brothers - Sucker *
8 Tom Walker - Just You and I
10 Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow

11-20
13 Cardi B & Bruno Mars - Please Me
16 Lauv & Troye Sivan - i'm so tired...
18 Roddy Ricch, Chip & Yxng Bane feat. The Plug - How It Is *
20 Mark Ronson feat. Miley Cyrus - Nothing Breaks Like a Heart

21-30
21 Little Mix feat. Ty Dolla $ign - Think About Us
22 Lewis Capaldi - Grace
25 YNW Melly - Murder On My Mind
28 Post Malone & Swae Lee - Sunflower
29 Tom Walker - Leave a Light On ^

31-40
31 Westlife - Hello My Love
32 Sigrid - Don't Feel Like Crying *
33 Swamz feat. Tion Wayne - Bally *
34 CamelPhat & Cristoph feat. Jem Cooke - Breathe
38 Panic! At the Disco - High Hopes

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++

Top 100 Albums

1 Tom Walker - What a Time to Be Alive (24.6k) *
2 Bryan Adams - Shine a Light (11.4k) *
3 Hozier - Wasteland, Baby! (9.3k) *
4 Motion Picture Cast Recording - The Greatest Showman (6.1k)
5 Ariana Grande - thank u, next (5.5k)

6-10
10 Laurence O'Keefe & Kevin Murphy - Heathers the Musical *

11-20
11 While She Sleeps - So What *
13 Solange - When I Get Home *
14 Daniel O'Donnell - The Gold Collection *
15 Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - The Best of Everything: The
Definitive Career Spanning Hits Collection 1976-2016 *
17 The Specials - Encore
19 Sundara Karma - Ulfilas' Alphabet *

21-30
24 In Flames - I, The Mask *
27 Lil Skies - Shelby *
29 Weezer - Weezer (Black Album) *

31-40
33 Gary Numan - I, Assassin ^
36 The Japanese House - Good At Falling *
37 Maximo Park - As Long As We Keep Moving *
39 Loski - Mad Move *
40 Queen - Greatest Hits ^

53 Little Simz - Grey Area

64 2 Chainz - Rap Or Go To The League
65 Tim Bowness - Flowers At The Scene

67 Queensryche - The Verdict

Chris
James Heaton (04.03.2019, 23:52)
"Chris Brown" <extreme_rice> wrote in message
news:ot81
[..]
> 64 2 Chainz - Rap Or Go To The League
> 65 Tim Bowness - Flowers At The Scene
> 67 Queensryche - The Verdict


I reckon at least 3-5 Prodigy in the top 100 by end of week, and probably 1
or 2 top 10

(Probably the 2 number ones on which Keith Flint was lead vocal.)

James
Vidcapper (05.03.2019, 09:17)
On 04/03/2019 21:52, James Heaton wrote:

> I reckon at least 3-5 Prodigy in the top 100 by end of week, and
> probably 1 or 2 top 10
> (Probably the 2 number ones on which Keith Flint was lead vocal.)
> James


Seems likely, even though I don't care for them myself.
Chris Brown (06.03.2019, 00:39)
On 05/03/2019 07:17, Vidcapper wrote:
> On 04/03/2019 21:52, James Heaton wrote:
>> I reckon at least 3-5 Prodigy in the top 100 by end of week, and
>> probably 1 or 2 top 10
>> (Probably the 2 number ones on which Keith Flint was lead vocal.)
>> James

> Seems likely, even though I don't care for them myself.


On the sales chart maybe but I think streaming will be too high a hill
to climb. Of course the songs from 1996 are permanently on ACR now so
whatever streams they do get will count for less.

I expect a couple of album chart entries though. Even Talk Talk managed
a re-entry (with Spirit Of Eden of all things).

Chris
Robbie (06.03.2019, 02:14)
Chris Brown wrote:
> On 05/03/2019 07:17, Vidcapper wrote:
> On the sales chart maybe but I think streaming will be too high a hill
> to climb. Of course the songs from 1996 are permanently on ACR now so
> whatever streams they do get will count for less.
> I expect a couple of album chart entries though. Even Talk Talk managed
> a re-entry (with Spirit Of Eden of all things).


'Spirit Of Eden' was the most likely re-entry as it was the most
mentioned album by Talk Talk in the obituaries when Mark Hollis died...
though the most downloaded track was, to no surprise, 'It's My Life'
from the 1984 album of the same name.
Vidcapper (06.03.2019, 09:06)
On 05/03/2019 22:39, Chris Brown wrote:
> On 05/03/2019 07:17, Vidcapper wrote:
> On the sales chart maybe but I think streaming will be too high a hill
> to climb. Of course the songs from 1996 are permanently on ACR now so
> whatever streams they do get will count for less.


Surely the 50% sales increase clause would be triggered, though?
Robbie (06.03.2019, 14:29)
Vidcapper wrote:
> On 05/03/2019 22:39, Chris Brown wrote:
> Surely the 50% sales increase clause would be triggered, though?


The 50% sales increase rule doesn't apply to tracks which are more 3 (I
think it's 3) years old. The only way tracks older than that can go back
to SCR is if the track is being actively promoted and the record label
request a reset.
Vidcapper (06.03.2019, 16:36)
On 06/03/2019 12:29, Robbie wrote:
>> Surely the 50% sales increase clause would be triggered, though?

> The 50% sales increase rule doesn't apply to tracks which are more 3 (I
> think it's 3) years old. The only way tracks older than that can go back
> to SCR is if the track is being actively promoted and the record label
> request a reset.


Where's *that* in the chart rules?!
Chris Brown (07.03.2019, 00:26)
On 06/03/2019 12:29, Robbie wrote:
> Vidcapper wrote:
> The 50% sales increase rule doesn't apply to tracks which are more 3 (I
> think it's 3) years old. The only way tracks older than that can go back
> to SCR is if the track is being actively promoted and the record label
> request a reset.


There are of course Prodigy tracks less than 3 years old but those
aren't really the ones people are paying most attention to now.

Chris
Chris Brown (07.03.2019, 00:50)
On 06/03/2019 00:14, Robbie wrote:
> Chris Brown wrote:
> 'Spirit Of Eden' was the most likely re-entry as it was the most
> mentioned album by Talk Talk in the obituaries when Mark Hollis died...


This is a fair point (it was even trending on Twitter at one point) and
in fact I finally got round to downloading it and Laughing Stock last
week. But it doesn't have any well-known songs on it and presumably
there weren't as many physical copies in stock as for the big Prodigy
albums.

> though the most downloaded track was, to no surprise, 'It's My Life'
> from the 1984 album of the same name.


That's not a surprise.

Chris
Robbie (07.03.2019, 01:30)
Vidcapper wrote:
> On 06/03/2019 12:29, Robbie wrote:
> Where's *that* in the chart rules?!


Rule 7.3 in the July 2018 version of the Singles chart rules (which
deals with Resets from ACR to SCR). As I thought automatic resets only
apply to a track which was released within the past 3 years.
Vidcapper (07.03.2019, 08:56)
On 06/03/2019 23:30, Robbie wrote:
> Vidcapper wrote:
> Rule 7.3 in the July 2018 version of the Singles chart rules (which
> deals with Resets from ACR to SCR). As I thought automatic resets only
> apply to a track which was released within the past 3 years.


There's a July *2018* version?

I guess the OCC have given up on having a truly accurate chart, then. :(
Chris Brown (08.03.2019, 00:19)
On 06/03/2019 23:30, Robbie wrote:
> Vidcapper wrote:
> Rule 7.3 in the July 2018 version of the Singles chart rules (which
> deals with Resets from ACR to SCR). As I thought automatic resets only
> apply to a track which was released within the past 3 years.


And I think as of January 2019, automatic resets are triggered only by
an increase in streams, rather than sales, which I think makes it even
less likely that old tracks by the recently deceased will rechart.

Chris
Robbie (08.03.2019, 02:13)
Chris Brown wrote:
> On 06/03/2019 23:30, Robbie wrote:
> And I think as of January 2019, automatic resets are triggered only by
> an increase in streams, rather than sales, which I think makes it even
> less likely that old tracks by the recently deceased will rechart.


I suppose that rule would only work against a track if enough people
were to download the song rather than stream it. Downloads are so low in
general that I assume most people will now just stream the songs anyway.
Vidcapper (08.03.2019, 09:29)
On 08/03/2019 00:13, Robbie wrote:
> Chris Brown wrote:
> I suppose that rule would only work against a track if enough people
> were to download the song rather than stream it. Downloads are so low in
> general that I assume most people will now just stream the songs anyway.


Not necessarily true in the case of deceased artists. Generally
speaking, they are older artists who pre-date the streaming era, and
therefore their fans are that much more likely to be of the owning-music
type, rather than merely streaming.
Similar Threads