ukclique > net.* > net.providers.aaisp

Andrews & Arnold (11.02.2019, 10:26)
Posted at 2019-02-11 08:26:44 GMT by Andrews & Arnold

_Started: 2019-02-11 08:00:00_

We have new email servers that we are moving customer to. The move is
happening 'behind the scenes' and no server settings on customer email
programs will need to be changed. However, there is a minor change that
impacts POP3 users regarding a change in how messages we mark as spam
are delivered. If you you use POP3 to collect email then please read:
for further information.

Please do get in touch with us if you have any questions or concerns
about this though.

URL:
fruit (12.02.2019, 11:02)
On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 08:26:44 +0000
Andrews & Arnold <support> wrote:

> Posted at 2019-02-11 08:26:44 GMT by Andrews & Arnold
> _Started: 2019-02-11 08:00:00_
> We have new email servers that we are moving customer to. The move is
> happening 'behind the scenes' and no server settings on customer email
> programs will need to be changed. However, there is a minor change
> that impacts POP3 users regarding a change in how messages we mark as
> spam are delivered. If you you use POP3 to collect email then please
> read: for further information.
> Please do get in touch with us if you have any questions or concerns
> about this though.


I still use POP3 for much of my mail and rely on the Mail Usage page to
alert me to any Spam collected there - the &MAILBOX link from the main
status page.

Fine except when the script is stuck as it has been for some days now :(

fruit
Jim Crowther (12.02.2019, 16:51)
In uk.net.providers.aaisp, on Tue, 12 Feb 2019 09:02:13, fruit wrote:

>On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 08:26:44 +0000
>Andrews & Arnold <support> wrote:
>I still use POP3 for much of my mail and rely on the Mail Usage page to
>alert me to any Spam collected there - the &MAILBOX link from the main
>status page.
>Fine except when the script is stuck as it has been for some days now :(


I've read the instructions and am still bemused. I collect by POP3, and
don't know what is referred to as the 'Inbox' at A&A. Is this for each
mailbox, or for the domain? I want ALL mail to my domain to be routed
to a mailbox (or elsewhere) as already defined - I do NOT want any email
labelled spam to be hidden somewhere.

Could someone who understands the structure please explain more clearly?
Huge (12.02.2019, 19:58)
On 2019-02-12, Jim Crowther <Don't_bother> wrote:
> In uk.net.providers.aaisp, on Tue, 12 Feb 2019 09:02:13, fruit wrote:
> I've read the instructions and am still bemused. I collect by POP3, and
> don't know what is referred to as the 'Inbox' at A&A. Is this for each
> mailbox, or for the domain? I want ALL mail to my domain to be routed
> to a mailbox (or elsewhere) as already defined - I do NOT want any email
> labelled spam to be hidden somewhere.
> Could someone who understands the structure please explain more clearly?


Also, I don't have a Spam folder on the server, and collect by POP3, so
where is my spam going?
jelv (12.02.2019, 21:01)
On 12/02/2019 17:58, Huge wrote:
> On 2019-02-12, Jim Crowther <Don't_bother> wrote:
> Also, I don't have a Spam folder on the server, and collect by POP3, so
> where is my spam going?

If you read the POP3 tips from the OP, you will have a spam folder
created for you when you are moved to the new server.
Huge (13.02.2019, 00:27)
On 2019-02-12, jelv <news> wrote:
> On 12/02/2019 17:58, Huge wrote:
> If you read the POP3 tips from the OP, you will have a spam folder
> created for you when you are moved to the new server.


Oh.

Not entirely happy about the way this is being done.
Andrews & Arnold (07.03.2019, 10:17)
Posted at 2019-02-11 08:26:44 GMT by Andrews & Arnold
Update #1: 2019-03-07 08:17:01 GMT

_Started: 2019-02-11 08:00:00_

We have new email servers that we are moving customer to. The move is
happening 'behind the scenes' and no server settings on customer email
programs will need to be changed. However, there is a minor change that
impacts POP3 users regarding a change in how messages we mark as spam
are delivered. If you you use POP3 to collect email then please read:
for further information.

Please do get in touch with us if you have any questions or concerns
about this though.

URL:
Similar Threads