ukclique > railway

P160AC1 (16.02.2013, 01:09)
In recession, no money, Korea wants to nuke us, pope resigned, random
meteors hitting us and most worryingly of all Tony Polson has done a
runner. Those Mayans might have been right - give or take a couple of
months off...

Welcome to 2013 - just kill us quickly, already...



Nice knowing you all.
A.Lee (16.02.2013, 09:46)
P160AC1 <p160ac1> wrote:

> In recession, no money, Korea wants to nuke us, pope resigned, random
> meteors hitting us and most worryingly of all Tony Polson has done a
> runner.


So there is at least one good thing going for U.R
e27002 (07.03.2013, 22:00)
On 15 Feb, 23:46, a...@darkroom.+.com (A.Lee) wrote:
> P160AC1 <p160> wrote:
> > In recession, no money, Korea wants to nuke us, pope resigned, random
> > meteors hitting us and most worryingly of all TonyPolsonhas done a
> > runner.

> So there is at least one good thing going for U.R
> --

Mr. Polson has recently moved to Strathclyde. I expect we will hear
from him when the isses relating to a new home are behind.
Charles Ellson (07.03.2013, 22:38)
On Thu, 7 Mar 2013 12:00:36 -0800 (PST), e27002
<adrian.auerhudson> wrote:

>On 15 Feb, 23:46, a...@darkroom.+.com (A.Lee) wrote:
>Mr. Polson has recently moved to Strathclyde.

He's possibly stuck somewhere south of Brigadoon if he's looking for
Strathclyde, the region hasn't existed since 1996.
mcp (07.03.2013, 23:03)
On Thu, 07 Mar 2013 20:38:34 +0000, Charles Ellson <ce11son>
wrote:

>On Thu, 7 Mar 2013 12:00:36 -0800 (PST), e27002
><adrian.auerhudson> wrote:
>He's possibly stuck somewhere south of Brigadoon if he's looking for
>Strathclyde, the region hasn't existed since 1996.


Unless he wants to catch the underground or a bus (or for the
remainder of this month, get arrested or rescued from a fire).
Charles Ellson (07.03.2013, 23:59)
On Thu, 07 Mar 2013 21:03:20 +0000, mcp <mcp> wrote:

>On Thu, 07 Mar 2013 20:38:34 +0000, Charles Ellson <ce11son>
>wrote:
>Unless he wants to catch the underground Strathclyde Partnership for Transport, an organisation not a place.


>or a bus ditto (other buses are available....)


>(or for the remainder of this month, get arrested or rescued from a fire).

a police force (other persons with powers of arrest are available...)
and a fire brigade not a place - Is there a place in England called
"Metropolitan" or "British Transport" ?
Molossus (15.03.2013, 20:02)
On Thursday, 7 March 2013 20:00:36 UTC, e27002 wrote:
> On 15 Feb, 23:46, a...@darkroom.+.com (A.Lee) wrote:
> Mr. Polson has recently moved to Strathclyde. I expect we will hear
> from him when the isses relating to a new home are behind.


What has Scotland done to deserve that? He'll be claiming to be a personal advisor to Alex Salmond no doubt!
gordonT (15.03.2013, 21:44)
On 15 Mar, 18:02, Molossus <jonporter1> wrote:
> On Thursday, 7 March 2013 20:00:36 UTC, e27002  wrote:
> > > What has Scotland done to deserve that?


Come to see first hand how his money is being spent?
Molossus (17.03.2013, 02:46)
On Friday, 15 March 2013 19:44:35 UTC, gordonT wrote:
> On 15 Mar, 18:02, Molossus <jonporter1> wrote:
> > On Thursday, 7 March 2013 20:00:36 UTC, e27002  wrote:
> > > > What has Scotland done to deserve that?

> Come to see first hand how his money is being spent?
> --
> gordon


So he does intend to become Salmond's chief advisor. He'll need to get something more on his CV, senior advisor to Tony Blair, senior civil engineer, camera shop salesman, sub post office owner. Life would be dull without such people. Keep an eye out at Partick for a chap with a Leica and a notebook..
Recliner (17.03.2013, 03:03)
Molossus <jonporter1052> wrote:
> On Friday, 15 March 2013 19:44:35 UTC, gordonT wrote:
> So he does intend to become Salmond's chief advisor. He'll need to get
> something more on his CV, senior advisor to Tony Blair, senior civil
> engineer, camera shop salesman, sub post office owner. Life would be dull
> without such people. Keep an eye out at Partick for a chap with a Leica and a notebook.


He's told us he uses full-frame Nikon DSLRs.
e27002 (17.03.2013, 04:07)
On 15 Mar, 12:44, gordonT <tshan> wrote:
> On 15 Mar, 18:02, Molossus <jonporter1> wrote:
> > On Thursday, 7 March 2013 20:00:36 UTC, e27002  wrote:
> > > > What has Scotland done to deserve that?

> Come to see first hand how his money is being spent?

He intends to cast his vote in the Scottish referendom for political
separation.

Much easier in my view to campaign for the political separation of
England & Wales.
Recliner (17.03.2013, 04:39)
e27002 <adrian.auerhudson> wrote:
> On 15 Mar, 12:44, gordonT <tshan> wrote:
> He intends to cast his vote in the Scottish referendom for political
> separation.
> Much easier in my view to campaign for the political separation of
> England & Wales.


Probably true. It looks like the Scots are going to vote against
independence, whereas England+Wales would probably vote to secede from the
UK (and the EU?).
johnjeffrey1945 (11.02.2019, 00:56)
He is an active twitterer as Anthony Polson#forWTO.
He describes himself as civil engineer, civil servant, entrepreneur and photographer.
Does being a sub postmaster count as an entrepreneur ?
Charles Ellson (11.02.2019, 01:59)
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 14:56:06 -0800 (PST), johnjeffrey1945
wrote:

>He is an active twitterer as Anthony Polson#forWTO.
>He describes himself as civil engineer, civil servant, entrepreneur and photographer.
>Does being a sub postmaster count as an entrepreneur ?

Depends what else he might be flogging ?
Graeme Wall (11.02.2019, 08:52)
On 10/02/2019 23:59, Charles Ellson wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 14:56:06 -0800 (PST), johnjeffrey1945
> wrote:
>> He is an active twitterer as Anthony Polson#forWTO.
>> He describes himself as civil engineer, civil servant, entrepreneur and photographer.
>> Does being a sub postmaster count as an entrepreneur ?

> Depends what else he might be flogging ?


Dead horses usually…
Similar Threads